Administrative Assistant/Bio-Medical Sciences
The Assistant to the Associate Dean for Bio-Medical Sciences will advance the mission in part by providing a wide variety of administrative and operational support across the Department of Bio-Medical Sciences with primary support to the Associate Dean.
- Function as a liaison between the Associate Dean of Bio-Medical Sciences and the faculty, administrators, staff, students and outside contacts on a daily basis to promote effective working relationships.
- Manage the professional schedule of the Associate Dean including travel arrangements and expense reports.
- Assist the Associate Dean of Bio-Medical Sciences with preparation of communications, presentations, budget, accreditation, operational and strategic planning documents.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Office of Bio-Medical Sciences including screening of phone calls, responding to emails, opening and distribution of mail as requested, the greeting of visitors, using good judgment to determine those requiring priority attention.
- Act as a resource for and assist departmental faculty with administrative task as needed to include coordination of travel and accommodations.
- Assume responsibility for the development and administration of specific projects as assigned.
- Anticipate problems, critical issues, and opportunities and advise the Associate Dean
- Records, distributes, and maintains minutes for meetings and committees as directed by the Associate Dean and coordinated with the office of the Dean/CAO.
- High school diploma
- Two years (2) experience as Administrative Assistant or related support role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years (3) experience as Administrative Assistant
- Experience at an accredited university, health professions college or medical school
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office
- Display professionalism for the college in all communication and interaction
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous and varied assignments
- High-energy, versatile, self-directed.