The Administrative Assistant to the Associate Dean of Student Affairs will provide a wide variety of administrative and operational support across the Office of Student Affairs with primary support to the Associate Dean of Student Affairs. Duties and qualifications include, but are not limited to the following:
- Function as the primary point person within the Office of Student Affairs and serve as a communications specialist on a daily basis.
- Manage the professional schedule of the Associate Dean of Student Affairs including travel arrangements and expense reports, and assist the Associate Dean in preparing presentations, documents, and written communications as needed.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Office of Student Affairs including screening of phone calls and e-mails, opening and distribution of mail as requested, the greeting of visitors, using good judgment to determine those requiring priority attention.
- Assist with coordination of events within the Office of Student Affairs such as admissions, student interviews, financial aid workshops, orientations, and student services events as directed by the Associate Dean of Student Affairs
- Serves as liaison between the Office of Student Affairs and the Administration of ARCOM for coordination of activities and events.
- Anticipate problems, critical issues, and opportunities and advise the Associate Dean of Student Affairs accordingly.
- Records, distributes, and maintains minutes for meetings and committees as directed by the Associate Dean of Student Affairs.
- High school diploma
- Two years (2) experience as Administrative Assistant or related support role.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years (3) experience as Administrative Assistant.
- Experience as an event coordinator.
- Experience at an accredited university, health professions college, or medical school.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office.
- Display professionalism for the college in all communication and interaction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous and varied assignments.
- High-energy, versatile, self-directed.