Administrative Assistant to the Associated Dean Clinical Medicine
The Assistant to the Associated Dean for Clinical Medicine will advance the mission in part by providing a wide variety of administrative and operational support across the Department of Clinical Medicine with primary support to the Associate Dean of Clinical Medicine.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Function as a liaison between the Associate Dean and the faculty, administrators, staff, students and outside contacts on a daily basis to promote effective working relationships.
- Manage the professional schedule of the Associate Dean and the Clinical Medicine Department including travel arrangements and expense reports.
- Assist the Associate Dean of clinical medicine and the Clinical Medicine Department with preparation of communications, presentations, budget, accreditation, operational and strategic planning documents.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Office of clinical medicine including screening of phone calls, responding to emails, opening and distribution of mail as requested, the greeting of visitors, using good judgment to determine those requiring priority attention.
- Act as a resource for and assist departmental faculty with administrative task as needed to include coordination of travel and accommodations.
- Assume responsibility for the development and administration of specific projects as assigned.
- Responsible for the credentialing of new clinical faculty as well as maintaining credentialing files of all clinical faculty, ensuring all documents are up to date.
- Anticipate problems, critical issues, and opportunities and advise the Associate Dean for clinical medicine accordingly.
- Records, distributes, and maintains minutes for meetings and committees as directed by the Associate Dean for Clinical Medicine and coordinated with the office of the Dean/CAO.
- Participate on college committees and provide feedback to ensure that ARCOM’s core values are met with an emphasis on continued improvement.
- Demonstrate an ability to work as a group leader and group member; team player.
- Demonstrate and role model an ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, faculty, supervisors and support staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- High School diploma
- Two years (2) experience as Administrative Assistant or related support role
- Must have advanced computer skills with ability to learn new software applicable to higher education
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years (3) experience as Administrative Assistant
- Experience at an accredited university, health professions college or medical school
- Proficient in software applications applicable to higher education
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Display professionalism for the college in all communication and interaction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous and varied assignments.
- High-energy, versatile, self-directed.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, Director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or email@example.com.
The Arkansas Colleges of Health Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.