Administrative Assistant to the Associate Dean of Preclinical Medicine and Research
The Administrative Assistant to the Associate Dean of Preclinical Medicine and Research will advance the mission in part by providing a wide variety of administrative and operational support across the Department of Bio-Medical Sciences with primary support to the Associate Dean.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Function as a liaison between the Associate Dean and the faculty, administrators, staff, students and outside contacts on a daily basis to promote effective working relationships.
- Manage the professional schedule of the Associate Dean including travel arrangements and expense reports.
- Assist the Associate Dean of with preparation of communications, presentations, budget, accreditation, operational and strategic planning documents.
- Manage the day to day operations of the Office of Bio-Medical Sciences including screening of phone calls, responding to emails, opening and distribution of mail as requested, the greeting of visitors, using good judgment to determine those requiring priority attention.
- Act as a resource for and assist departmental faculty with administrative task as needed to include coordination of travel and accommodations.
- Assume responsibility for the development and administration of specific projects as assigned.
- Anticipate problems, critical issues, and opportunities and advise the Associate Dean accordingly.
- Records, distributes, and maintains minutes for meetings and committees as directed by the Associate Dean and coordinated with the office of the Dean/CAO.
- Demonstrate an ability to work as a group leader and group member; team player.
- Demonstrate and role model an ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, faculty, supervisors and support staff.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance.
- Demonstrate adaptability and the willingness to assist the college in fulfilling its mission and vision through administrative duties and community service and/or perform special duties as assigned.
- Serve as an examination proctor and coordinator as requested by the Associate Dean and/or the Office of the Dean
- Advance the prestige of ARCOM through advancement of and avocation for its mission and vision.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean or his/her designee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- Two years (2) experience as Administrative Assistant or related support role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years (3) experience as Administrative Assistant
- Experience at an accredited university, health professions college or medical school
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office
- Display professionalism for the college in all communication and interaction
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous and varied assignments
- High-energy, versatile, self-directed.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, Director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or firstname.lastname@example.org.