Administrative Assistant Associate Dean of Student Affairs
The Administrative Assistant to the Office of Student Affairs will advance the mission of the College in part by providing a wide variety of administrative and operational support across the Office of Student Affairs with primary support to the Associate Dean of Student Affairs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Function as the primary point person within the Office of Student Affairs and serve as a communications specialist on a daily basis.
- Manage the professional schedule of the Associate Dean of Student Affairs including travel arrangements and expense reports, and assist the Associate Dean in preparing presentations, documents, and written communications as needed.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Office of Student Affairs including screening of phone calls and e-mails, opening and distribution of mail as requested, the greeting of visitors, using good judgment to determine those requiring priority attention.
- Assist with coordination of events within the Office of Student Affairs such as admissions, student interviews, financial aid workshops, orientations, and student services events as directed by the Associate Dean of Student Affairs
- Serves as liaison between the Office of Student Affairs and the Administration of ARCOM for coordination of activities and events.
- Records, distributes, and maintains minutes for meetings and committees as directed by the Associate Dean of Student Affairs.
- Provide feedback and input to ensure that ARCOM’s core values are met with an emphasis on continued improvement.
- Demonstrate an ability to work as a group member; team player.
- Demonstrate and model an ongoing ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, faculty, supervisors, and support staff.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of professionalism and ethical behavior in all aspects of personal and professional actions and performance.
- Provide service to the college community and students through serving on departmental committees, and by demonstrating leadership, mentorship, and expertise to students.
- Demonstrate adaptability and the willingness to assist the college in fulfilling its mission and vision through administrative duties and community service and/or perform special duties as assigned.
- Advance the prestige of ARCOM through advancement of its mission and vision.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associated Dean or his/her designee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CREDENTIALS
Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- Two years (2) experience as Administrative Assistant or related support role.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years (3) experience as Administrative Assistant.
- Experience as an event coordinator.
- Experience at an accredited university, health professions college, or medical school.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office.
- Display professionalism for the college in all communication and interaction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize numerous and varied assignments.
- High-energy, versatile, self-directed.
If you need assistance in the application process because of a disability, or for any other reason, please contact Barbara Jetton, director of Human Resources, at 479.308.2291 or email@example.com.